Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Calgon... Take Me Away"




Getting in shape and being healthy is my goal for my 60th Birthday, January 14, 2008. Getting my new lawn mower was a start. I can't actually believed I pushed that old relic for so many years. I have muscles I did not know I had when I finished the lawn. That was a good thing, I am sure.

Hubby, being ill, has put me back in the barn doing all of the chores twice daily and that certainly is giving me muscles I did not know I had. Soaking in a hot bubble bath is what I do now after my chores are complete late in the afternoon. Remember the tv commercial, Calgon, Take Me Away?(perhaps I am dating myself) Well, that is what I do now and just love it. Very relaxing, both physically and mentally. Just fill the tub with hot water and bubbles and relax and enjoy the moment. While in Vermont last month getting some grain for our four legged pets, we past by The Vermont Country Store(www.vermontcountrystore.com) a treasure I have found and will definitely be back.(without Hubby, as his patients to shop is less than tolerable). I came across some aromatherapeutic mineral baths. One was called, "Letting Go", a warming ginger bath. The other was called "Tired Old Ass Soak", a bath for exhaustion. My preference BB is "Letting Go". I purchased both and now soak my Tired Old Ass .

While in California, I went to a water arobics class with Sister Betsy. I just fell in love with the entire workout and have decided to join a water arobics class here at home. I love swimming and I really felt great after the class and what a workout. So I am going to start August 10th and plan to include my progress in my blog. I feel posting my blog with my progress will help me meet my goal.

So follow along with me, give me encouragement and think of me, with my Calgon moments ,soaking my, Tired Old Ass in my bubble baths. BFN

No comments: