Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Family Reunion's ,Rock"







Getting back home was a very nice feeling after being in California for two weeks. It was good to see Hubby. You don't know how much you appreciate someone until you are away from them for awhile. Now, if I can just talk him into going on that cruise in October. He said, "Josey, do you have any idea how much it would cost to get the horses on that ship.". Scary, but I think he was half serious.

Family reunion was awesome. Everyone enjoyed themselves and behaved, too! Naturally, I picked the hottest day of the year, (108 degrees) to have the reunion at Folsom Lake. It would have been too hot for Grandma to endure the heat, so we went to plan B. Had the reunion at Sister Karen's home in Gold River. Air conditioning really appealed to all of us. Then we went to Natoomis Lake for the rest of the afternoon and just had a blast. Grand kids swam and fed the geese and just had a ball. We took alot of photos and I am sure all of us came away with wonderful memories of our first annual family reunion. The family want our next one to be at Lake Powell, Utah. I think I will work on that for next year. It is a special place, I am told. I was also told by Daughter in law that my Son hated to have his picture taken and also did not like to stand and pose for them, as well. I said "Son, come over here. I was just told you hate picture taking and I want you to know, that is what I do, take pictures." He said, "well Mom, I will give you one year to take all the pictures you want, so you are now on the clock." I guess I had better start going on my picture taking tour.

Son flys into Boston Aug 3rd to visit and see how the other half of the world lives. This should be very interesting. I explained country living and he assured me not to worry, as he lived on a farm once and knows the routine. Hmmm! I wonder if Darrell ever shoveled out a horse stall? We are planning to attend a horse pull, a family BBQ to meet the rest of the Valley's, and then up to Maine for some good old Lobstah. Going to also fit in some home repair projects that Son has graciously agreed to. Should be another picture taking event that Son will have to put up with , as I am on the clock.

It is so weird not to have to get up in the early AM to travel to work. I have to keep pinching myself to see if it is really real. I have a hugh, To Do List on my Frig that will take me well into 2008. Don't think I will miss work a bit. No time to miss work, too busy doing other fun things. Bye, for now!