Monday, August 27, 2007

"We Crossed the Last Load"


After over 15 years of pulling horses, last night made everything that ever went wrong worth while. We pulled 13,500 lbs and crossed the last load and won first place. The crowd went wild. Our new horse, Mike, pulled his heart out. It was the most exciting pull I have ever been to and I don't think anyone will beat us this season, so says the rest of the pullers. All of the big guns were there and we beat them all. Hubby is sooooooo excited and I am too. WE just had a ball last night. WE did not get home until past 2am.

We are in the process of building a new barn. Today, the skidder will be moved and the clearing of the large trees will start this week. Our new barn will consist of 5 box stalls, tack and harness room and a 2nd floor for storing hay. Finally, I will get my three car garage back to actually put my car in for the winter. (we converted our garage into a horse barn)

I guess my new kitchen will have to wait another year or two, but after last night, I will gladly give it up for the Pull of a life time, because We Crossed the Last Load.

1 comment:

Deborah Gamble said...

The trophy is beautiful, but I am not sure I understand how it beats a new kitchen.