Monday, December 10, 2007

"Days like these"




Days like these I am so glad I am retired. I woke up this morning and said to myself, "what a relief not to have to go outside, start my car, scrape off the windshield and drive an hour and a half to work". We had an ice storm last night and it is so dangerous to drive. I really feel sorry for my old car poolers that had to attempt the drive in to work this morning. But, on the other hand, I have been making that trip to work, enduring the cold New England weather for over 37 years, so I can feel good about not doing that drive anymore.

This is a day where you just sit back and enjoy being home. With all of my Christmas wrapping still ahead of me, I think that is what I will be doing today. Wrapping presents, listening to Christmas music staying warm by the wood stove and catching up on my soaps. (Yes, I have to confess, I am hooked on All my Children, One Life To Live, and General Hospital.. I never thought I would be a soap fan, but I am. These shows just get you hooked. I was always one to say that I would never watch them, but when I am home alone,(hubby can't stand me to watch them)I do admit I am hooked on the soaps. (Hey!! I am retired. I can do what I want, right?)

I am also going to start making plans for our trip to Florida in February. Hubby and I have not gotten away without the 4 legged critters in years. We are driving and going to take our time getting down there. If we see a place that we like, we may just stay for a few days. It will be so much fun not to be on a schedule. Who knows, we may just stay.

No comments: