Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"The Secret"


Well, so far, today is a great day. (Very cold, but a great day.) I got up and fixed a wonderful breakfast for Hubby consisting of blueberry pancakes, O J and the best coffee ever,(Dunk'n Donuts). Rachael Rae has now endorsed this coffee and is far superior to Starbucks!

Then I took my daily walk with Toby,( my new friend) in the brisk New England cold weather,(10 degrees was the last read this am) and on the way back from our walk, I picked up our mail. A very pleasant and unexpected surprise in the mail. A check in a very nice amount that was totally unexpected.

A letter in the mail from an Attorney that I worked with,(pre-retirement) nominating me to sit on a reference hearing for one of his cases going to trial. I must admit, getting back to doing what I know best, is tempting.

Receiving a call from an old friend from the past inviting me for a Christmas dinner in Boston. So, thus far, it is turning out to be a great day.

I intend to have many great days moving forward, because I have just been liberated from all negative feelings and people in my life. I did this by reading a book that was given to me by my best friend. The book is called "The Secret". One of the most profound books I have ever read. It has changed me and the way I feel about life. Positive thinking brings positive results.

The Amish have a saying that they have in their homes. It goes like this:


"The Way to Happiness"

Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply. Expect little. Give much. Fill your life with love. Scatter sunshine. Forgive self. Think of others. Do as you would be done by. Trust God. Thank God for all your blessings. Do all you can for people without thought of personal gain. Spread Happiness.

Try this for a week and you will be surprised!

No comments: