Friday, June 29, 2007

"The End of an Era"


Well, I got up at 4AM for the last time this morning. Got into my car and off I drove to meet my car poolers at K Mart parking lot. Same routine, down Rt 2 to Rt 128 and pulled into the N&D parking lot.

I spent most of the morning cleaning out my desk and taking things of personal nature to my car. Everyone saying their goodbyes to me and wishing me well in the future years to come. Very emotional day and I will be very glad to finally leave the parking lot for the last time. I am blogging at work on their time today as I have nothing to do, but must stay to take my car poolers home. I guess I did not plan this very well.

I am excited about retirement and going to see my family in California. My Son and his family will join us from Utah. That should be a fun time at the Family Reunion. We are having it at Folsom Lake. I remember going there often growing up. In fact when I was a senior in High School I cut class with two of my classmates and we spent the day at Folsom Lake. My Dad was an educator at the High School I attended caught me red handed and I got suspended from school for three days. The others had there parents write them notes excusing them from class, but good old Dad wanted to teach his daughter a lesson. It is beautiful there at the lake. I can't wait to see it again.

I just got a message from My Daughter-in-law. She wants me to retire in Utah and visit my Hubby on holidays and every 5th Sunday. I may just consider that option as you could not blast Hubby out of New England. He is a Damn Yankee, you know. I am sick of the cold weather, the black flies and the humidity. Fall is the best time of the year in New England. I could come back for the Fall and stay in Utah. Hmmm! Something to think about.

I just called my sister Betsy at her work to discuss plans on picking me up at the San Francisco Airport and the progress on our Family Reunion. (can you tell I am bored and have nothing to do) We talked and talked and then she said "Joanne, I know that you don't have a job anymore, but I do, goodbye".

Well it is almost time to pick up my belongings and head out the door for home. My car poolers await me for my last ride home from the Good Old N&D. See ya later everyone. It has been great knowing all of you and working with all of you, but like they say, all good things must come to an end and the end has finally come. Bye Bye!!!!!

1 comment:

Deborah Gamble said...

This is an emotional one - feel like I sneaked a peek at your diary.