Thursday, June 7, 2007

Stormy Weather


We have a new dog. Her name is "Stormy". She is a lovely little dog and so smart. Very well behaved, comes when she is called and just a joy to have as a new addition to our home. She is a registered Blue Healer and we got her for free. Well, Stormy is a great dog, but........... Stormy has some issues. First she eat my Hubbys teeth. That cost us $1,200.00 to replace. Hubby was gumming it for two weeks before he got his new choppers. Then last night, I wanted to make a beautiful dinner for my Hubby as he has been a little down lately. So I made a great salad, he marinated the steaks and I went outside to check on my veggies on the grill. When I came back into the kitchen. I saw a plate with a small amount of marinade left on the plate. No Steaks???? I called out to my Hubby, "Where did you put the steaks"? "On the kitchen counter"! Ooops! Stormy ate our steaks. No evidence of any steaks anywhere. My Hubby abruptly walked to the house, and I knew Stormy was in trouble. My Hubby scolded her and sent her to Time Out. My Hubby said, "that dog is going, she ate my teeth and I had to wait two weeks to eat my steak and now she ate my steak. She is gone". I could not contain my laughter and got in my car and drove to the store to purchase two new steaks that cost my $13.00. Now, lets see. To replace the choppers, $1,200.00, vet bills $160.00, have her spayed another $250.00. two steaks $13.00 for a grand total of $1,623.00 Not bad for getting Stormy for free. Several hours later... Hubby and Stormy have kissed and made up and Stormy promised Hubby she would be good little doggie for ever and ever. We shall see.......

1 comment:

Deborah Gamble said...

Oh, that is too funny. Really funny. Mostly, because it did not happen to me!