Wednesday, June 20, 2007

" Pure and Natural"


Today I had a hair appointment after work,(my Grand Child, Kelsi Rae, thought I should color my hair and get rid of the grey. Soooooooo! I am now a bleached blonde hussy that will have a root problem in about a month. If you believe that, you don't know my Hubby. Mr. Ivory Soap, Pure and Natural, no perfume allowed, kinda of a guy. His moto is "If God wanted you to have a hole in your ear, He would have put one there".


25 Years ago, when Hubby and I met, I had a very nice soft fragrance Perfume that I loved. I would place it behind my ear, ever so gently, and off to work I would go, thinking I would leave the scent of intrigue and romance in the house when he returned from work. I am afraid, just the opposite happened. As our relationship became more comfortable( as all new relationships eventually do) he told me that he did not want me to "stink". Hello? stink? I was trying to be, how should I say, somewhat appealing to him, and he said I "stink. He even threw my lovely fragrance out of the window on the Mass Pike one night to make his point.

Ok, I realize that compromising is a plus in a new relationship and I did just that. No more stinky perfume for me. Just Ivory Soap and Pure and Natural just to please my Man. So I adjusted to what would be a non stinky kind of relationship.

25 Years later....... Hubby just came in for dinner with Horse Manure on his boots. Hello????? You smell very stinky, Dear... "Yes, Dear, but it is Pure and natural".

1 comment: