Monday, June 4, 2007

trunks up



I have a hobby in collecting Elephants with their trunks up. I am told that they are a symbol of good luck. I started collecting Elephants when my Dad became ill 10 yrs ago. I have all kinds and I love everyone of them. My good friend bought me one to get me through the hard times. It is silver and small. I have it on my desk and I look at it constantly and rub its trunk for good luck. It reminds me to be happy and not sad. It reminds me of the good times and not the bad times. It reminds me of going back in time and remembering the good old days, knowing you can never back up. It reminds me to think in the positive not the negative and to always be kind and understanding to others in times of hardship and misunderstandings. I love my Elephants, they are memories for me to enjoy as I grow old. My Mom once told me, "Memories are like a bank account that you draw on when you get old". I hope to have many more Elephants and many more happy memories to draw on in my older years to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having a time getting started with this picture thing. Help anyone. Joanne

Deborah Gamble said...

What a fun thing to collect. How unusual too.