Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It is that time of the year!!!!


Every April for the past 15 years My Hubby starts getting all excited about the upcoming Horse pulling season. The phone starts to ring off the hook. All of his horse pulling buddies exchange gossip about who got what horse at the Topeka Horse Auction, how much they paid for the horse, etc. I have always said that there should be an inoculation shot administered to all of the horse pullers around April because there is nothing that gets done around our house from April tell late October. Every weekend we pack up the horses in our horse trailer and go to a pull at one of the New England fairs. Usually a drive that is over two hours away. WE never go on a real vacation because, God forbid, we miss one of the pulls. My Sister and her Husband invited us to go on an all expense paid Cruise to Mexico in October. I am bunking alone, as my Hubby will be at the Roundup. (last pull of the season). Can you believe that one! Who wouldn't want to go on a cruise?
Last year I attended a wedding, alone as always, and a fellow horse puller friend of ours asked where I was. My Hubby relied, "she is at a wedding". Our friend replied, "My Wife is also at a wedding". My Hubby replied, "who got married"? Our friend replied, "My Daughter". Now do you get my drift?

1 comment:

Deborah Gamble said...

Oh no! That's terrible! But kinda funny too.